TXGA offers a wide variety of USB connector products, including a variety of type-c interface connectors. The following is the type-c interface definition:
How to define type-c interface
After understanding the type-c connector, it can be found that the type-c interface has a total of 24 pins, which can not only be used for positive and negative plugging, but also has faster transmission speed than other USB interfaces, and the interface has no directivity. This will also be convenient for users to use, so that users in the use of positive and negative insert wrong situation.
We generally refer to type c, type-c, etc., which all refer to the same product. While USB3.0 typically has 9 to 11 interfaces, USB2.0 only has 4 pins. The increase in pins has not resulted in a larger type-c interface; it has actually shrunk the size (relative to the standard port) to meet the needs of mobile devices.
NO.2_USB3.1 type-c interface feature
1. New interface design, about 8.4mm x 2.6mm, thin interface
2. Power output capability: standard cable 3A, interface 5A
3. It can be used to transmit DisplayPort signal, supporting 4K UHD image transmission
4, can provide the maximum 100 power transmission
5, better electromagnetic interference (EMI) and radio frequency interference (RFI) mitigation characteristics
6. It supports insertion on both sides, and can withstand 10,000 times of repeated insertion and extraction
7. USB Power Delivery, which supports charging
8. The highest data transmission speed reaches 10Gbps, based on USB3.1 specification
Advantages of NO. 3_type-c interface
1. Equipped with the standard connector of type-c connector, which can pass the 3A current and support the "USBPD" beyond the existing USB power supply capacity, which can provide the maximum power of 100W;
2. DisplayPort alternate mode supports 4K UHD or even 8K resolution.
3. The maximum data transmission speed reaches 10Gbps, which is also the standard of USB3.1 and compatible with USB2.0;
4. Support the "positive and negative insert" function that can be inserted from both sides;
NO.4_usb type-c pin definition
Usb type-c interface definition concept resolution
It can be seen that the data transmission mainly consists of two sets of TX/RX differential signals. CC1 and CC2 are two key pins, which have many roles:
1. Detect connections, distinguish between positive and negative, distinguish between DFP and UFP, that is, master and slave
2. Vbus configuration, including USB type-c and USB Power Delivery
3. Configure Vconn. When there is a chip in the cable, one cc transmits the signal, and the other cc becomes the power Vconn
4. Configure other modes, such as audio accessories, dp, pcie
There are 4 power and 4 ground, which is why it can support up to 100W.
NO.5_usb type-c interface definition concept resolution
Don't look at USB type-c as if it supports up to 20V/5A. This actually requires USB PD, and supporting USB PD requires additional PD chips, so don't assume that the USB type-c interface will support up to 20V/5A. Later, of course, there should be integrated chips.
The above is about the definition of type-c interface and other contents. If you want to buy USB type-c interface connector products, you can click red font for details.